We went to the fair yesterday with the girl scouts (our new troop). The girls earned 2 badges. They got to make a car (kit from Lowe's) with a real hammer, work apron and goggles. They got to see real sharks in a tank and get inside a cage that people dive in to go see sharks underwater.
They also learned about germs. Yuck. It was a fun and very hot day. We made it through with no funnel cake or onion topped hotdogs....because we left Gene and Jacob at home. Actually, Gene did a presentation at our ward's emergency preparedness day on gardening and took Jake to get a hair cut.
The kids have been doing well in school. I had a chance to help with Emily's class this week, it looks like I'll be doing that once a week. Tara's been struggling with the amount of homework, so will talk to her teacher about what can be done.
Jacob hit his head on our orange couch last night after he jumped over the blue couch and misread the distance and fell backward. He cracked it pretty hard. I heard the loudest thump and the loudest wail from him I've ever heard. It made a pretty big knot on the back of his head. I think he's ok....but it scared me.
No comments:
Post a Comment