It was a fun week. Tara and I went on her school field trip to "Alexander's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day" play/musical. It was alot of fun and I was happy to meet all of her class finally and be able to put names with faces. In second grade, the teachers don't ask for alot of parent help in the class.
This picture is of Tara and her friend Bailey in the auditorium waiting for the performance to begin. I think the best part for me was riding in a school bus. One thing I have not done since 8th grade.
We rented "Alvin and the chipmunks". The kids watched it at least 10 times in the five days we rented it. We found Alvin at the hollywood rental place and I just happened to have my camera with me.
Jonathan and Kristi came to visit. They made it in late on Saturday night. Gene left for Chicago at 5:30am. We all slept in, had breakfast, watched "Little Mermaid", played 'spoons', watched conference, had lunch, went to the park (well, I took the kids), repacked the car, watched Alvin again, had dinner and icecream and went to bed. Jonathan and Kristi were gone by 6:30 the next morning. It was a whirlwind trip but we were happy to meet our new aunt and sister-in-law. What a fun surprise it was. We are back to school now, I helped with Emily's class today. She has a sub because her teacher went to the final four in San Antonio. It was 72 today so I let the kids put on their bathing suits and play in the sprinkler I got a "your'e the best mom" from all of them today. I have to make a note of these days because they don't happen all the time.
Jacob had no time outs in preschool today and Emily cut a chunk of her hair in school with her safety scissors because she was too hot (they can't turn the heat off until May)Yikes. Anyway, we made it through the day and everyone is sleeping now.Thank goodness for tomorrows.
No comments:
Post a Comment