Monday, February 11, 2008

New battery, 100th day ,goofy faces and a birthday






We survived a week, miracle filled week. I blew a fuse, but was able to fix it. A toilet clogged and then after much deliberation and a night to think about it, it just fixed itself. My battery in the van died at the car wash, where they had a jumper box/tester thingy.....and I was able to paint the whole front room and put the whole house in order before Gene got home Friday night. Luckily he was delayed 6 hours and didn't see the mess that would have been there had he been on time.
We celebrated Jake's birthday early because Gene left again this morning for Chicago.
Jacob had to watch as we sang happy birthday, he didn't feel like eating since he had a sore throat and 102 temp. Oh boy, birthdays to remember.
Sunday night he felt better and the kids were in a goofy mood and made some really funny faces.
I threw a baby shower for my friend Jenny on Saturday. I was surprised and happy to see that 22 people came and only 3 rsvp'd. Funny how that works.
The best part about painting was, I got to really clean out the room, cobwebs and all. I covered finger prints that were 3+ years old. and filled in teeth marks in the window sill where Emily used to stand and cry everytime Gene left for work when she was 3.
Tara was invited to an Olympic Reader party....the only one in her class, especially chosen to spend some time with Mrs. Oliver the principal. I guess she did the best reading in her class. She got icecream and everything.
Tara sang with the Activity day girls in church yesterday while the Nashville temple presidency was here visiting. She feels really special and grown up.
Emily celebrated her 100th day of school on Friday. I helped her class count out and glue 100 bears, 100 cars and 100 dinosaurs to a long scroll of paper.
We had fun.
Jacob was sick and stayed home from church, and now Tara is home today. The schools around us are closed today,because the flu is running rampant. Hopefully, we make it through unscathed.
We hope you all are well. Enjoy your day.

No comments: