Sunday, October 29, 2006

Oct.29, 2006

Monday was a good day. Jake went to his speech class. He's doing a great job on the "ts" ending. He is enthusiastic and happy to go. He had a surprise, a firedrill during his class time and basically "freaked" out. They all had to go out side and I had his coat....I walked around the school looking for him, by the time I got to where he was, they had gone inside. He was not a happy boy. Emily and I prepared treat bags and games for Tara's Halloween party. She loves a little time with me while Jake's at speech. We work on her writing. Monday night was Tara's last football game to cheer at. It was so cold and muddy. She said she had fun but, she doesn't want to do that anymore. Maybe piano lessons and swimming next. That's ok....it's fun to try things out first. Tuesday Emily went to preschool and brought home lots of fun "seasonal" animals...bats...lots of rainbow colored bats. We have made alot of crafts : tissue paper ghosts, scratch ornaments of black cats, tissue pumpkins, popcorn hands (with candy corn fingertips). We didn't have enough places to put everything. So,w e decided to make a Halloween tree. It was the branch that fell from our tree out front. Tara tore off the remaining leaves, and voila! Weds. was the trunk or treat at church. The kids had a great time. Jake missed it last year. We lost him right at the beginning and found him about 7 cars up going"Mom! Everybody's mommy is giving me candy!!" He couldn't believe it. It was great except the winning prize for the cake walk was 2 stale donut holes. Yuck. Thurs. it was hard to get up. Everyone was exhausted. Tara had a great party. I'm room mom and did a fun "pin the nose on the pumpkin", scratch ornaments, halloween bingo, popcorn hands and pumpkin toss. The kids said it was alot of fun. Tara just started on the accelerated reader program. She reads a book, then takes a test and there is a running tally of points. Now she can read the night time story books to Emily while I put Jake to sleep. Thurs. night was the primary pres. leadership training. Friday was finally a day I could put away the laundry I washed Mon. It's been a crazy week. Last night Emily had a birthday party for Ben and then we all headed to the Little Gym Halloween bash. We have enough candy now to hand out on Halloween. The kids are on "high" mode. All is well. Have a fun Halloween. Congrats to Tyler,a nd Happy Birthday to Jonathan too.

No comments: